Presidential recognition sets you apart from your peers. It is a tremendous honor. Even though you may not seek recognition, your example can deliver a powerful message that encourages others to take action.
The President’s Volunteer Service Award recognizes United States citizens and lawfully admitted, permanent residents of the United States who have achieved the required number of hours of service over a 12-month time period or cumulative hours over the course of a lifetime.
How it Works
Individuals, families and groups that meet the criteria are eligible for the PVSA.
- Recipient(s) must be a United States citizen or a lawfully admitted permanent resident of the United States.
- Awards are issued for service hours served within a 12-month time period or over the course of a lifetime.
- Awards are issued for volunteer service only; additional levels of participation with the organization (i.e., charitable support) are not a factor considered for the award.
- Court-ordered community service does not qualify for the award.
- Awards are issued by approved Certifying Organizations.
- Service must be with an approved Certifying Organization that is legally established in the United States, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico or one of the U.S. territories.
Hours are measured over a 12-month period and awards are designated based on cumulative hours. The awards are offered in multiple levels and are designed to recognize each milestone of your service achievement. Levels include bronze, silver, gold and the highest honor, the President’s Lifetime Achievement Award for those who contribute more than 4,000 hours of service in their lifetime.
Along with the ultimate honor of presidential recognition, recipients will receive a personalized certificate, an official pin, medallion or coin and a congratulatory letter from the president of the United States.
If you’re looking for martial arts lessons for adults or even for the whole family in the Nutley area, Avondale,Bloomfield and Belleville areas, you’ve come to the right place!
In our totally unique, innovative Taekwondo program, you’ll not only learn how to defend yourself and your family in virtually any situation, but you’ll also quickly (and safely) build muscle, melt fat, increase flexibility, and gain a greater sense of peace and quiet self-confidence.
Imagine walking into the board room or into the boss’s office to ask for that long overdue raise with a new sense of confidence and certainty. You’ll accomplish all of this and more in our Korea Taekwondo Center innovative martial arts lessons for adults!
Complete the form on this page for more information about available programs in Nutley, to see our web specials, and take advantage of our special trial offer!
Lost 12 pounds
“I love Martial Arts training! With the training I’ve gotten, I have lost 12 pounds and gained great confidence!”
More confident, energetic, and happy!“Ever since I started Martial Arts training I’ve become more confident, energetic, and happy! If I can do it, you can do it.”T’iana Rick
Lost 25 pounds“I know that practicing the martial arts has helped me! I’ve lost 25 pounds, learned to control my emotions and be happier.”
I can defend myself.
“Ever since I started Martial Arts, I have the confidence that I can defend myself.”